Zachary is a regular contributor to Print magazine’s popular design blog, Imprint, where he writes about everything from book covers to advertising legends and industry happenings. While at Writer’s Digest, he wrote for the There Are No Rules blog featuring craft advice, essays, writing world miscellanea, the wise and often weird finds from the Writer’s Digest archives and much more.
Below are a few of Zachary’s posts.
- 15 Things a Writer Should Never Do
- The Amazing Design Experience of JJ Abrams’ “S”
- The WPA: 92 Posters Paid For By the Government
- 72 of the Best Quotes About Writing
- Albert Einstein's Favorite Artist?
- 19 of the Best Book Covers of 2014
- Erik Larson: Top 10 Essentials to a Writer’s Life
- Legends in Advertising: Mad Man David Ogilvy
- Bug-Out Bags for Writers
- 34 Brilliant Graphic Design & Paper Ads from the '60s
- Pop Design: Ghostbusters, Breaking Bad, Mario and More
- Sherman Alexie’s Top 10 Pieces of Advice for Writers
- Stephen King Goes to the Movies: The Author’s Best (and Worst) Cameos
- Remembering Gore Vidal: 10 Quotes on Writing
- What’s the Single Best Piece of Writing Advice? Harper Lee, John Steinbeck and Others Weigh In
- Kerouac Asks: Are Writers Made or Born?
- 21 Ray Bradbury Quotes: Your Moment of Writing Zen
- Vintage Writer Cartoons